Peoples Bank is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality, most comprehensive bank tools.
To help us deliver these services to you, we have selected partners and service providers who are well-established industry leaders with proven track records. We are committed to making your online banking experience convenient and secure and providing the best customer service possible when you need assistance.
Peoples Bank will NEVER solicit customers by e-mail or telephone requesting personal information, passwords, or account information such as your debit card number, ATM PIN or Social Security number.
What is identity theft?
Identity theft (also known as identity fraud) is the misappropriation of another person’s identifying information in order to:
- Obtain credit fraudulently from banks and retailers;
- Steal money from the victim’s existing accounts;
- Apply for loans;
- Establish accounts with utility companies;
- Rent an apartment;
- File for bankruptcy;
- Obtain a job; or
- Achieve other financial gain using the victim’s name.
There are two main classes of economic crime related to identity theft:
- Account takeover occurs when an identity thief acquires a person’s existing credit or bank account information and either withdraws money or makes purchases. Victims usually learn of account takeover when they receive their monthly credit card or bank account statements.
- In true identity theft, an identity thief uses another person’s Social Security number and other identifying information to fraudulently open new accounts for financial gain. Victims may be unaware of the fraud for an extended period of time, which can allow the criminal to continue the use for months or even years.
Links to Other Sites
From time to time the Bank may place links to other websites on this website. The Bank has no control over any other website and is not responsible for the content of, or products and services provided by, any site other than this one. Users assume all responsibility when they go to other sites via the links on the Bank's website.